Interior & Exterior Doors
SELECTING THE RIGHT DOOR FOR YOUR HOME
An elegant door is an essential element that can make a dramatic difference in the style and look of a home. At Johnson Cashway Lumber our professionals are here to provide you with high quality products and excellent customer service. Our showrooms feature beautiful displays designed to make the selection process pleasurable and as easy as possible.
An entry door can add value and beauty to your home, increase energy efficiency and add curb appeal. Entry doors are available in wood, steel and fiberglass. Steel and fiberglass doors offer greater energy-efficiency, weather resistance and low maintenance features. With the numerous styles, glass designs and colors available the options are virtually unlimited to complement your home and style.
- Warm and inviting
- Best used in covered areas as with a porch or with a storm door
- Wood doors can scratch, warp, rot, peel and bubble if not protected
- Usually the most expensive option for an entry door
- The latest option in entry doors.
- Built with polyurethane foam core to insulate against cold and heat with a
grainy pattern to resemble wood.
- Can be painted or stained to the color of your choice.
- Fiberglass won't rust, warp or rot over time. It can scratch or dent but generally less than wood or steel doors.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING AN ENTRY DOOR
- Made of wood frame that holds insulation making it energy efficient.
- The doors and frame are covered in epoxy-coated galvanized steel that has a baked enamel finish that can be painted.
- Steel doors are durable and will not warp like wood doors.
- The style of the home.
- The size of the doorway.
- Do you want to stain or paint the door?
- How much privacy or light is desired?